Chevrolet Standard Safety Features
With global technological advancements, automakers such as General Motors are incorporating artificial intelligence techniques to manufacture vehicles with excellent safety features. Chevrolet’s new range of vehicles for the 2022 model year comes with stunning revamps and upgraded standard safety features.
For example, the Lane Keep Assist feature helps you drive within your lane markings on long highway stretches until you turn on your signal at your exit. It notifies you if you go astray from the lane to avoid a collision with other road users. Safety has always been at the core of Chevrolet’s manufacturing journey. Below, our experts at Eskridge Chevrolet in Oklahoma discuss the new safety features of the 2022 Chevy models and how they help drivers.
General Safety Features
Chevrolet released a new safety feature, Chevy Safety Assist, for the 2022 model year. The Chevy Safety Assist upgrade offers the following six features:
- Forward Collision Alert: Available on all models, this feature warns you when it detects an obstruction that’s a front-end collision risk. It works with camera technology to automatically allow you to hard brake to avoid a collision.
- Lane Keep Assist with Departure Warning: This feature helps prevent unintentional drifts from your lane by identifying lane markings using front-facing cameras, which allows the system to intervene if you go over them. The lane departure warning alerts you using lights, sounds, or vibrations from the steering wheel.
- Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB): Automatic emergency braking identifies possible collisions using sensors and cameras and automatically activates the brakes to slow down your vehicle before impact or bring it to a stop.
- Front Pedestrian Braking: Your vehicle alerts you when it detects a potential collision with a pedestrian directly ahead. The vehicle automatically applies the brakes to avoid or minimize the impact of a collision.
- IntelliBeam Auto High Beams: The IntelliBeam technology is a lighting feature that turns your car’s high beams on and off according to the traffic. The lights help with night visibility by automatically turning on the high beams when no other vehicles are present and turning them off when other cars are around.
- Following Distance Indicator: This feature shows the gap time in seconds between your vehicle and the detected vehicle you’re following. It uses the front-facing camera to help you sense vehicles you’re following too closely.
2022 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
The revamped 2022 Silverado 1500 has the following new safety assist features:
- Super Cruise: It’s only available on the Silverado’s highest trim level, the High Country, making it the first Chevy pickup to boast the Super Cruise option. Super Cruise is a hands-free driver assistance technology feature that you can use for over 200,000 miles.
- Trailer Side Blind Zone Alert: This trailering feature provides side-mirror alerts when your Chevy senses a vehicle in the blind zone of the trailer sides. It uses hidden radar sensors to help you navigate lanes on Guthrie highways.
- HD Rear Vision Camera: When you activate the reverse gear, this safety feature provides a view of what’s behind your Silverado 1500 on a screen. It helps you avoid hitting objects behind you and assists you with parking.
2022 Chevrolet Suburban
The Chevy Suburban‘s standard safety assist features include:
- Stability Control: The control feature automatically senses when your vehicle is at its handling limits. It works by minimizing engine power and applying the brakes to ensure you don’t lose control of the vehicle.
- Reverse Automatic Braking: This feature automatically activates the car’s brakes when it senses a potential collision while you’re in reverse mode. This brake activation helps prevent damage caused by low-speed parking impacts.
- Buckle to Drive: This restricts you from shifting out of park if you haven’t buckled up your seat belt. This technology works with the Teen Driver mode to encourage seat belt usage before driving off.
2022 Chevrolet Traverse
The 2022 Chevy Traverse has the following standard safety features:
- Safety Seat Alert: Available on the Premier and High Country trims, this feature works by automatically pulsating the right, left, or both sides of the seat in your Traverse. These pulsations help you detect the direction of a potential collision while maneuvering Guthrie terrain.
- Rear Pedestrian Alerts: This safety feature sends alerts to warn you of any pedestrians at a close range while reversing. It’s available on the RS, Premier, and High Country trims and uses rear sensors.
2022 Chevrolet Equinox
The 2022 Chevy Equinox boasts the following safety features:
- Side Blind Zone Alert: This feature provides side mirror visual alerts when your Chevy detects a vehicle in your blind zone. The system uses sensors on the rear bumper, which must always be clear of obstructions.
- Adaptive Cruise Control: Available on all Equinox trims, this system helps your Chevy maintain a safe distance and stay within the speeding limit by automatically adjusting your vehicle’s speed.
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System: This feature uses sensors to monitor tire pressure continually, sending a dashboard alert if the pressure is low.
2022 Chevrolet Bolt EUV
The new Bolt EUV has these safety features:
- StabiliTrak: This feature monitors and adjusts your car’s steering, braking, and traction to help you drive in a straight line. It uses sensors to continually detect the location of your vehicle’s steering wheel and tires.
- Pedestrian Safety Signal: When approaching pedestrians on Guthrie roads, this safety feature alerts them of your vehicle’s presence to keep them safe and prevent a collision. The system uses an automated external sound generator when driving at low speeds.
- Rear Seat Reminder: This feature sends an alert to remind you of the child, pet, or any delicate item on the rear seat. It’s activated when you open any rear doors before you drive off.
Purchase a 2022 Chevy From Eskridge Chevrolet
Located in Guthrie, Oklahoma, Eskridge Chevrolet has various Chevrolet models with new standard safety features. Whether you want a pickup, SUV, or an electric vehicle, our inventory contains the right selection of cars for you. Browse, compare vehicles, and settle on a model that suits your needs.
If you require car financing to purchase your dream Chevy, our professional finance team can guide you on our financing terms and conditions to make your dream of purchasing or leasing a 2022 Chevy a reality. You can also contact us for clarification of the safety features for the 2022 Chevy models.